White Rock Neighbourhood Ventures (WRNV)…a locally rooted developer based in Hastings that brings disused buildings into use and turns them into mixed use spaces where local people can live, work and thrive.
- You’re driven, energetic and passionate about people, place, community and heritage.
- You are inspired by the WRNV mission and willing to be an ambassador; sharing and championing the organisations goals with a wide range of audiences.
- You’re a strong communicator and effective and professional at building relationships.
- You enjoy working with people and have an aptitude for identifying and attracting good collaborators.
- You thrive in transforming environments and are capable of adapting to change.
- You’re looking to join an organisation that will provide opportunities to develop yourself professionally
WRNV is a locally rooted social enterprise developer. We transform difficult and derelict buildings into capped-rent homes and workspaces. We create affordable space for living, working, learning, leisure and community action.
We promote encounter, collaboration and community self-management. We squeeze our projects for maximum social impact for local people through life-changing opportunities (jobs, homes, enterprise support, training, social networks) and through place-shaping opportunities (influencing and making real changes in the immediate neighbourhood), especially for those who usually miss out.
WRNV has a proven track record through the redevelopment of Rock House and is now in the process of transforming the 35-years derelict Observer Building into a beacon of community-led regeneration. We are a core partner in the forthcoming Trinity Triangle Heritage Action Zone.
WRNV, and its subsidiary housing management company Living Rents, are part of an ecosystem of organisations with shared values and common goals. This includes Heart of Hastings community land trust and we expect all the properties we develop to end up in the freehold ownership of the CLT in perpetuity.
As the name suggests, Ventures is an agile and adaptable organisation designed to be able to take risks that others shy away from but to manage those risks in order to protect both financial stability and social value. We experience high levels of uncertainty and are continually adapting to changing circumstances, acute threats and exciting opportunities.
Tenant Development Manager: White Rock Neighbourhood Ventures (WRNV or ‘Ventures’)
£24,000 pa Full time Start date ASAP Holiday 29 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays (+1 day per year of service) Based in Rock House/Observer Building, Cambridge Road, Hastings TN34 1DT Reports to Delegated board director
We are seeking an outstanding individual who can demonstrate experience in:
- Working with a wide range of people, especially those running or starting up small business and projects, with a varied workload.
- Building effective relationships both within an organisation and externally.
- Desirable – experience of social impact data collection and reporting
This role centres around the tenants and users of WRNV buildings and its related projects. It aims to develop collaborations and support genuine community self-management of the spaces for the common good, as part of the wider and emerging Hastings Commons.
The role would work across the already established Rock House, as well as the developing Observer Building. It will also provide this service to other buildings in the Hastings Commons as separate contracts.
It focuses on three aspects – tenant journey, community self-management and impact capture – and will require excellent relationship-building with existing tenants as well as working to attract new ones.
View full job description here
INTERVIEWS We’re holding an assessment day on 9 March and interviews 13/16/17 March.
TO APPLY Please send your CV and cover letter to Gemma Crabtree: firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon Monday 2 March 2020.